This Scalextric transfer paper is brilliant for
applying your own decals onto your Scalextric cars.
WHITE decals are used if you are decorating dark coloured cars
while CLEAR decals are used for decorating light coloured cars.
Design and make your own Scalextric water slide decals rather than
buying pre-made decals, and customise your cars the way you want
to. Make your Scalextric car into the car you really wanted. Fit
as many designs on one sheet of paper and they become very cost
Take a moment to check out some of the decals we have produced
with these decal sheets. These decals can be seen on some of the
custom body shells we've produced.
1. Print off the decal paper as if it was normal paper, no need
to adjust your printer settings. Leave to dry for about 30 minutes.
2. Spray the paper with at least 3 to 4 coats of acrylic or solvent
based spray varnish. Leave to dry for a few minutes between coats.
3. Cut out your designs using a craft knife or pair of scissors.
When using white decals cut carefully around the object if you do
not want a white border.
4. Place the cut out decal into a bowl of water for 10-30 seconds.
You can feel with your fingers the decal slipping away from the
5. Place the decal onto your Scalextric car and slowly slide away
the backing paper.
6. Use a lint free cloth to carefully dab the surface of the decal,
this will help soak up excess water and smooth out any air bubbles.
7. Leave the decals to dry for 24 hours or use a hairdryer if you
wont to dry them quicker.