This new Neodymium magnet can be used on all the vintage Scalextric
RX motors including the 'Race Tuned' versions. The picture above
shows the Neodymium magnet fitted to the RX motor.
Improved track performance with minimal effort. This magnet will
give your RX motor more torque and more speed.
These Scalextric spares Neodymium Iron Boron magnets have a gauss
level which is typically 2 - 4 times higher than standard Alnico
magnets. They are nickel-plated for improved corrosion resistance
- Remove RX motor from the Scalextric car
- Undo and remove the nut and bolt securing the original steel
- Remove the original steel magnet from the RX motor
- Carefully position the new Neodymium without trapping fingers.
Note the red mark should face towards the underside of the motor,
i.e. away from the brush spring and towards the securing nut.
- Refit the nut and bolt
- Refit the RX motor to the Scalextric car
Please see our Neodymium
Magnet Safety Page for further information.