The Aston Martin DB4 was available from 1958 until 1963. It was
an entirely different car from the DB Mark III it replaced, though
the 3.7 L engine was externally visually related to the 2.9 L unit
found in that car.
The lightweight tube-frame body was designed by Carrozzeria Touring
in Milan, and its Continental looks caused a sensation on its unveiling
at the 1958 London Motor Show. Although the design and construction
techniques were Italian, the DB4 was the first Aston to be built
at the company's Newport Pagnell works in Buckinghamshire, England.
The Series III cars differed from the earlier ones in having tail
lights consisting of three small lamps mounted on a chrome backing