The Aston Martin DB4 was available from 1958 until 1963. It was
an entirely different car from the DB Mark III it replaced, though
the 3.7 L engine was externally visually related to the 2.9 L unit
found in that car.
The lightweight tube-frame body was designed by Carrozzeria Touring
in Milan, and its Continental looks caused a sensation on its unveiling
at the 1958 London Motor Show. Although the design and construction
techniques were Italian, the DB4 was the first Aston to be built
at the company's Newport Pagnell works in Buckinghamshire, England.
With the introduction of the Series IV in 1961, a high-performance
DB4 Vantage was also offered. It featured three SU carburetors and
special cylinder heads, increasing power to 266 hp. Most Vantage
models also used the enclosed headlights of the DB4 GT as well.
In all, there were 136 saloons and 32 convertibles with the Vantage